Each style of wheelchair ramp has its own benefits and can accommodate users of different sizes with different types of wheelchairs. Our simple ramp system comparison chart will help you decide which option is best to meet your needs. There are two basic wheelchair ramps for mobility vehicles, in-floor and fold-out ramps. In-floor ramps store under the vehicle floor when not in use. Fold-out wheelchair ramps are stowed inside the vehicle and extend outward when deployed.
Benefits of fully-powered in-floor wheelchair ramps include:
- An unobstructed doorway for easy entry & exit when ramp is not in use
- More open space to maneuver inside of the vehicle
- Cleaner interior, free of dirt and debris from the outside
- Accommodate high wheelchair weight capacity and width
Benefits of manual fold-out wheelchair ramps include:
- A great value at lower purchase price
- Provide greater security during entry/exist with high rigid side rails
- Corrosion-resistant strength and durability
- Perforated ramp surface for improved traction
Though different, both types of vehicle ramps increase independence through better mobility. If you need help deciding which wheelchair ramp is right for you, contact one of our knowledgeable Mobility Consultants today.